Today Topic is How long does editing a 1 hour video take? This is just something that I notice in myself when I am editing a video. This may take you a shorter or longer amount of time to edit a video
1. Upload SD card to editor program: 5-10 min
2. Dump tapes to disk: 5-6 60 minute tapes = 6 hours
3. Capture pictures, 40-60 @ 1 min = 1 hr
4. Manipulate/crop/filter pictures in Photoshop, 40-60 @ 10 min = 10 hr
5. Select and capture background music, 5 selections @ 4 min = 1 hr
6. Create tape label graphics in Photoshop = 1 hr
7. Edit video, 6 hr source footage = 20 hr (takes me, on average, 3X real time to select, arrange, sync, and edit material)
8. Record to master tape = 2 hr
9. Transfer to Master to DVD = 1hr
10. Dub copies, label, and prepare for shipment = 3 hr
Total = about 37 hours using SD cards and 42 hours using DV tape, VHS, or other analog formats.
I hope this help you to figure out how long it could take you to edit your next video.