Tuesday, December 17, 2013

School Days and the Morning Time

Every morning during school time my 9 year old daughter does NOT want to get ready for school. We are constantly in a disagreement over what she should do in the morning. Does she not get dress? Refuses to brush her hair? Forgets to eat breakfast? 
The answer to that is YES!
She does these things because she is reading. Constantly. 

Every morning my daughter will start the day by reading and will immediately forget that she needs to get ready for school. I am constantly reminding...okay yelling at her to get dressed and get ready. I have even gone as far as telling her there will be NO reading until she is finished with everything. That seemed to backfire on me. She will sneak away into the bathroom to read and tell me she is getting dressed. 

Don't get me wrong. I love the fact that she is a book worm but there is a time and place for everything.

What can be done to make the morning time better? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Caden said...

Now this may sound mean, but I guess the book fairy would take them to the car and wait for her? If you get there early can you park in a spot and let her read for 5-10 minutes?